What is the difference between .NET core and .NET Framework?
What is Microsoft .NET 5?
Microsoft’s .NET 5 has some major changes that can significantly affect your organization.
.NET Framework is a better choice if you:
- Do not have time to learn new technology.
- Need a stable environment to work in.
- Have nearer release schedules.
- We are already working on an existing app and extending its functionality.
- Already have an existing team with .NET expertise and building production-ready software.
- Do not want to deal with continuous upgrades and changes.
- Building Windows client applications using Windows Forms or WPF
What is NET Core?
NET Core is a new version of. NET Framework, which is a free, open-source, general-purpose development platform maintained by Microsoft. It is a cross-platform framework that runs on Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems.
.NET Core is a better choice if you:
- Want to target your apps on Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.
- Are not afraid of learning new things.
- Are not afraid of breaking and fixing things since .NET Core is not fully matured yet.
- A student who is just learning .NET.
- Love open source.
The following Features through may help you make your decision.
Features & Winners
Feature: A high-performance and scalable system without UI
Winner: .NET Core is much faster.
Feature: Docker containers support
Winner: Both, but .NET Core is born to live in a container.
Feature: Heavily rely on the command line
Winner: NET Core has better support.
Feature: Cross-platform needs
Winner: .NET Core
Feature: Using Microservices
Winner: Both, but .NET Core is designed to keep today’s needs in mind.
Feature: User interface centric Web applications
Winner: .NET Framework is better now until .NET Core catches up.
Feature: Windows client applications using Windows Forms and WPF
Winner: .NET Framework
Feature: Already have a pre-configured environment and systems
Winner: .NET Framework is better.
Feature: Stable version for an immediate need to build and deploy
Winner:.NET Framework has been around since 2001. .NET Core is just a baby.
Feature: Have existing experienced .NET team
Winner:.NET Core has a learning curve.
Feature: Time is not a problem. Experiments are acceptable. No rush to deployment.
Winner:.NET Core is the future of .NET.
Are you looking for ASP.NET Development Services? Rlogical Techsoft’s ASP.NET app development services lead to developing responsive, scalable, and futuristic enterprise-critical apps using the .NET Framework and other Microsoft products.